pregnancy calendar

Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's a BOY!

We had our 18 week ultrasound today, and we're so happy to know that the baby is growing and healthy. And we're happy that things will be balanced around here. Joel and Kari were both pretty adamant that this baby needed to be a boy. I'm glad God agreed with them.

I've been nervous the last couple weeks because I haven't felt a lot of baby movement, but in the last week, he's stepped it up, and I've been feeling definite movement and kicks. Pretty soon I'll probably be wishing he wasn't moving so much. Who knows, maybe he'll be a calm baby. :)

So far, I've gained 10 lbs, which isn't too bad, but 7 of them came in the last 5 weeks, which was a bit alarming. My doctor reassured me that I'm doing just fine and put it in perspective for me. The baby is measuring a little big (he's about 10 oz right now, a little less than a can of soda), but that's not surprising, considering Joel was huge and Aubrey was decent size. The doctor said we'd keep tabs toward the end to make sure I don't deliver a moose (she used that word, not me, but I thought it was funny).

I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head. This whole pregnancy I've been so nervous that something was going to happen or that something would be wrong, and each appointment has confirmed that things are going just fine. I remember feeling that way for a while when I was pregnant with Joel, right after our first miscarriage, too, but I don't remember it lasting as long. Maybe it did. Now that we're almost half-way done and know more about this baby, I feel like I can think and dream and plan.

A boy...
What are we going to name you???
What kind of baby are you going to be?
What (or who) will you look like?
What kind of personality will you have?
What role will you play in our family? We already have a practical, no-nonsense, in charge and independent girl. We have a sensitive, thoughtful, and cautious boy. We have a spunky, sparkle-eyed, wild-child girl. What's left? The wild, aggressive boy? We'll see who God gives us!

3 comments:

Mark Moffat said...

I'm guessing you pegged it-aggressive outgoing young man

Jenne said...

Ooo. Can I vote? I say goofy and fun loving - and very easy going.

The Alley Family said...

Congratulations! 2 boys, 2 girls is a great combination, how fun. I am so excited for you, I will be praying peace over you as you continue on in this pregnancy and peace over this little guy too, he is super special already. It is fun to dream about what babies will be like:) Thanks for sharing your news, bless you guys, it's a great adventure having four kiddos:)