
I took photos when I was pregnant with Aubrey and Joel, so I decided I'd better throw at least one in this time, too. Things are pretty uneventful right now pregnancy-wise, but uneventful is good! Because things are going fine (and because I've done this a few times), the doctor is allowing six weeks between appointments right now, rather than four. Kind of nice. I'm big but not too big yet. The baby is moving and kicking, but it's still cute (doesn't hurt yet). I only get up 2-3 times a night, as opposed to 5. The middle trimester really is the best one. The most difficult part right now is my sciatic nerve/hip/leg issue. This only happens when I'm pregnant. It's gotten worse with each pregnancy and is worse with any kind exercise, even walking, so I try not to do too much physical activity (not good for the weight gain department, but oh well!). I move like an old woman by the end of most days and when I stand up after sitting, my legs sometimes buckle as pain shoots down them. But it really can't be avoided. I'm a busy mom of three. We
have to run errands. I
have to do housework. I
have to play trains on the floor with the kids. We
have to go to the zoo! Life can't stop just because of a little pain. You're worth it, Baby Boy.
And yes, we must still call you "Baby Boy" because we haven't decided on a name. Well, let's be honest, I haven't been able to decide on a name. Your father has given many, many suggestions (as have many others), but I haven't been willing to commit. Your middle name will probably be Robert, a family name, and one that you should be proud to carry on. Kari, Joel, and Aubrey have family middle names, too. I guess I'm too picky when it comes to first names, and I guess I have too many rules--has to be masculine-sounding, not too unique but not too trendy, not easily shortened into a nickname, can't be a repeat of someone in our family (we have so many extended family members, though, that I may have to bend that rule), can't start or end with an "m," can't be gender neutral... And the list goes on. Joel is starting to worry that you will be born without a name. We'll try to keep that from happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment