pregnancy calendar

Friday, July 23, 2010

At 37 weeks the end is in sight

I am about 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. That's progress, at least. Two weeks ago I was 60% effaced but wasn't dilated at all. The doctor scheduled the induction today. August 4th (exactly 39 weeks) will be the day if I don't go into labor before then. I still want him to come sooner (next Thursday would be great or even tonight!), but at least I have an end date. My ligaments, muscles, nerves, and bones think we should be done now. Will I make it 12 more days? We shall see!

1 comment:

Cheryl Licht said...

Oh, I hope you don't make it! Come Grant, come on!!!! And 3cm and 70% is good. I always start at 2 and 70%ish -- I always wish I could be one of those who was 4 or more... Like my friend who was at 6cm for days, literally had a 15 minute labor and called me and said, "I had me-self a baby" and sounded like she had just gone out for coffee....good grief.

Well, I'm hoping for really soon, Andrea! Love you lots!!!!!